Violet Child

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Greetings

I'm going to give this blogging a try.  I so admire other bloggers and have wanted to try my hand at it....so here we go. 

Dollmaking has become my passion--I only wish I had more time for it than I have now.  I became interested in Waldorf dollmaking when my daughter was in a Waldorf kindergarten (she's now in college).  It has changed my life.  When I retire from my regular job I will make dolls full-time and will teach dollmaking.  I will try to post as often as possible, showing you my dolls and sharing a bit about each of them.

The doll you see above stands 6" tall (exluding flower she's holding). She (a violet child) is a nature table doll or makes a great gift for any one.  She is made of 100% wool felt and is stuffed with lamb's wool.  Her facial features are hand-embroidered and her hair is tibetan lamb's wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment